Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
deskjet 2652
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I install the printer and print one page or how ever many. Then after I restart the computer it's gone. The printer isn't recongized. I've reinstalled it 4 times and have had a tech support guy do it remotely and it still does it. Print one page then after reboot no printers are installed.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

I would check the permissions on the pc for file and printer sharing,and also the settings in my anti virus program.This sounds like you are experiencing a security problem between the operating system and the printer.Hope this will help.

I am A certified Copier Technician.
It is so nice to give some help where possible and the forum is a great idea Thank You.Sometimes a picture speaks louder than words to find a solution.Should you find my help use full just give some credit for my effort please.
.Thank You.Copier-Pro
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the “Accept as Solution”button, “Thumbs up" button!

#################################################################
I'M NOT AN HP EMPLOYEE AND DO ANSWER THESE QUESTION ON MY OWN BEHALF.
HP Recommended

Ok, that sounds feasible. I've tried to figure out how to change permissions but can't seem to get it. I'm usually a lot better at this kind of stuff. If you could point in the right direction I would appreciate it.

HP Recommended

I will try.In control panel go to network and sharing setting.Under advanced setting turn on file and printer sharing but turn off password protection.remember to save changes.Then retry and see if problem is solved.

It is so nice to give some help where possible and the forum is a great idea Thank You.Sometimes a picture speaks louder than words to find a solution.Should you find my help use full just give some credit for my effort please.
.Thank You.Copier-Pro
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the “Accept as Solution”button, “Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Alright, file and printer sharing was turned on. So, my only hope now is virus security issue? How about the firewall could that be it?

HP Recommended

Try to disable the firewall setting temparily and do the test.Some antivirus program has given me this type of problems before.We have to first get to the problem and then find the solution for the problem.

.Thank You.Copier-Pro

HP Recommended
Okay, disabled it still nothing. Trying to run the software and it doesn't even see the printer. It's plugged in by usb.
HP Recommended
I uninstalled and reinstalled just so I could get something I needed printed like now. I just went through and checked all the permissions and they looked good. I'm gonna restart my pc and if it doesn't work after that this printer is going back to wal-mart or to the garbage heap.
HP Recommended

Last thing to try is another usb cable and the usb port software.Right click on my computer.Manage device manager universal serial bus controllers and right click on the usb root hubs and load driver updates.If this doesn't work i'm out of ideas.Try this and let me know.

.Thank You.Copier-Pro

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.