Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
solo6715
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

printer works all day & never turned off - next day I go to print and it won't so I have to unplug

HP ENVY 4520
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

so my printer works all day and I never turn my printer off. the next day I go to print and it will NOT print until I either unplug it from the wall or turn the printer off and then on again. I should not have to do that. 

I have re-downoaded the correct HP ENVY 4520 driver and it keeps happening. 

can someone tell me WHY this happens? and how do I fix it?

any help is appreciated

I would prefer someone to email me the fix and my email is [Personal Information Removed]

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 10
2,804 2,792 252 525
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

printer works all day & never turned off - next day I go to print and it won't so I have to unplug

First off, never post private information on these boards, it will be removed by the moderators as it poses a security risk to you. Secondly are you connecting via usb or network. The problem you describe is common on network connected printers as windows likes to setup the printer using what is referred to as a WSD port. You can check in printer properties under the port section. If the connected port is labelled along the lines of WSDXXXXXXXX you will want to change it to a direct IP port.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation