Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
3830 wireless printer
Microsoft Windows XP

Hello my printer is printing blank pages could it be I am out of ink?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@jackie522

This is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that your HP OfficeJet 3830 Printer is printing blank pages. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

Check estimated ink levels.

On the printer control panel, touch the Ink icon () to display the current estimated ink levels.

Figure : Example of estimated ink levels displaying full cartridges

Image:  Example of estimated ink levels.

Align the ink cartridges.

1. Lift the scanner lid.

2. Place the alignment page with the print side down on the scanner glass, and then position it according to the engraved guides around the glass.

Figure : Place the alignment page on the scanner glass

Image: Place the alignment page on the scanner glass
  3. Close the scanner lid.

4. Touch OK to scan the page and complete the ink cartridge alignment.

Clean the ink cartridges.

1. Load plain paper into the input tray.

2. On the printer control panel, swipe the display to the left, and then touch Setup.

3. Touch Tools, and then touch Clean Cartridges.

4. The printer performs the automated cleaning process and then prints a Print Quality Diagnostic page.

Click here and refer the document to perform the above steps.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@jackie522

This is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that your HP OfficeJet 3830 Printer is printing blank pages. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

Check estimated ink levels.

On the printer control panel, touch the Ink icon () to display the current estimated ink levels.

Figure : Example of estimated ink levels displaying full cartridges

Image:  Example of estimated ink levels.

Align the ink cartridges.

1. Lift the scanner lid.

2. Place the alignment page with the print side down on the scanner glass, and then position it according to the engraved guides around the glass.

Figure : Place the alignment page on the scanner glass

Image: Place the alignment page on the scanner glass
  3. Close the scanner lid.

4. Touch OK to scan the page and complete the ink cartridge alignment.

Clean the ink cartridges.

1. Load plain paper into the input tray.

2. On the printer control panel, swipe the display to the left, and then touch Setup.

3. Touch Tools, and then touch Clean Cartridges.

4. The printer performs the automated cleaning process and then prints a Print Quality Diagnostic page.

Click here and refer the document to perform the above steps.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

thanks for your help  it appears that there are explanations marks on both so I am assuming that I am out of ink so I will replace I am not that tech saavy but I am sure that what it is thanks again

HP Recommended

@jackie522

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

Good to know that your query is answered.

Feel free to contact us in feature if you need assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.