10-23-2019 04:40 PM
the printhead appears to be missing not detected or incorrectly installed.
10-26-2019 01:12 PM
I'll be happy to assist you with the printhead issue.
To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:
Any hardware changes made in the printer?
I suggest you do a Hard Reset on the printer
(1) Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
(2) Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
(3) With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
(4) Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
(5) Wait at least 60 seconds.
(6) Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
(7) Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
(8) Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Then, refer to this document: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-8620-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5367611/docum... for Resolving Printhead Errors.
Keep me posted, how it goes!
If the information provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Thank you for joining the HP Community.
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
11-23-2019 03:19 PM
Welcome to HP support community.
If you have tried all the steps mentioned in this document:- Click here
And if the issue still persists, this could be a hardware issue.
I request you to talk to HP support.
They might have multiple options to help you with this.
- Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
- Select the country.
- Enter the serial of your device.
- Select the country from the drop-down.
- Click on "Show Options".
- Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.
To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee