06-14-2018 11:28 AM
Welcome to HP Support Forums. A really great platform for posting all your questions and finding solutions.
I understand that you are getting a Printhead error
I'll try my best to help
Are you using original HP cartridges?
Please Clean the ink cartridge vents and contacts. Cleaning the ink cartridge contacts and vents, and then reinstalling the ink cartridges one at a time can help determine if a specific ink cartridge is causing the error message.
- Examine the vent area located on top of the ink cartridge, next to the HP logo.
Figure : Example of the vent area
If any of the ink cartridges have clogged vents, use a pin to clean the vents.
Figure : Example of a clogged vent
Figure : Example of a clean vent
Use a fresh, lightly dampened, lint-free cloth to wipe any accumulated ink and debris on the copper-colored contact on the ink cartridge.
CAUTION: Be careful to wipe only the ink cartridge contacts. Do not smear any ink or debris elsewhere on the ink cartridge.
Also perform a Printer Reset and download the Firmware from this Link: https://hp.care/2tzyiAY
(1) Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
(2) Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
(3) With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
(4) Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
(5) Wait at least 60 seconds.
(6) Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
(7) Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
(8) Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed
If the issue persists, please contact our Phone Support for Service Options
1) Click on this link - https://hp.care/2Hox03J;
2) Click on "Continue as guest".
3) Enter the serial of your device.
4) Select the country from the drop-down.
5) Click on "Show Options".
Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.
You can refer to this Link: https://hp.care/2pvmFqQ
Keep me posted how it goes
Thank you 🙂
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted"
I Am An HP Employee