01-29-2020 05:34 PM
Printing a photo from photoshop, which is in color. Prints in B&W. How can I fix that?
02-01-2020 07:40 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the printing issue.
To better assist you - Are you experiencing this issue while printing from a different app as well?
Let's try these steps -
Download and install HP Print and Scan Doctor, it is a Windows tool to fix printer issues.
If the issue still persists, try re-installing the printer driver -
1. In the search box, type and open "Uninstall a Program".
2. Look for HP Printer software.
3. Right-click to uninstall.
4. In the search box, type and open “Devices and printers”.
5. In the Devices and Printers, look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose “Delete” or “Remove Device”.
6. Open the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.
7. Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”).
8. Click on the "Drivers" tab.
9. Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click “Remove” at the bottom.
10. Select Ok.
11. Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows.
12. Close Devices and Printers Once the software and drivers are removed.
13. Restart the computer.
Try adding the printer using the IP address -
1.) Select “Start” and type “printers” in the search box.
2.) Choose “Printers & scanners“.
3.) Select “Add a printer or scanner“.
4.) Wait for the “The printer that I want isn’t listed” option to appear, then select it.
5.) Select “Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname” , then select “Next“.
6.) Select “TCP/IP Device” in the “Device type” list.
7.) Type the hostname or the IP address of the printer. Select “Next“. To find the IP address of the printer, touch the Wi-Fi icon on the printer's control panel.
8.) Windows should find the printer if the printer is on and configured correctly. You may have to specify more information. If prompted, Select the type of network adapter installed in the printer in the “Device Type” drop-down list. You can also click “Custom” to specify custom settings for the network printer. Select “Next“.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee