12-12-2019 04:07 PM
My printer thinks it's out of paper when I try to print anything. It thinks I'm printing a 4x6 photo and tells me it's out of paper. All the printing preferences are locked and I can't change them. I have uninstalled all HP from my computer and when I plug it back in Windows 10 installs it back automatically. Once it is installed the printing preferences are still locked. It will print a test page correctly but that's it! What can I do to fix this?
12-15-2019 02:01 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community.
I have sent you a private message with the steps to reset the printer. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
12-18-2019 04:07 AM
Download and install HP Print and Scan Doctor, it is a Windows tool to fix printer issues.
If the issue still persists, try re-installing the printer driver -
1. In the search box, type and open "Uninstall a Program".
2. Look for HP Printer software.
3. Right-click to uninstall.
4. In the search box, type and open “Devices and printers”.
5. In the Devices and Printers, look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose “Delete” or “Remove Device”.
6. Open the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.
7. Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”).
8. Click on the "Drivers" tab.
9. Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click “Remove” at the bottom.
10. Select Ok.
11. Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows.
12. Close Devices and Printers Once the software and drivers are removed.
13. Restart the computer.
14. Download and install the software and drivers from here for Windows 10 (64-bit).
15. Click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
Access the settings window in Devices and Printers to select settings that apply to all your print jobs.
1) Search Windows for 'printers', then click Devices and Printers in the search results.
2) Right-click the icon for your printer, then click Printer properties.
3) Click the Advanced tab, then click Printing Defaults.
4) Change any settings you want as defaults in the Printing Defaults window, then click OK.
If the issue still persists, check EWS page -
1) From the printer control panel, press the Wireless button to find the IP address for the printer.
2) In a supported web browser on your computer or a mobile device, type the IP address or hostname assigned to the printer.
For example, if the IP address is 192.168.0.12, type the following address into a Web browser: http://192.168.0.12.
3) On the EWS Home page, click Settings on the top navigation menu.
4) In the left navigation pane, click Copy/Print Settings to expand the list of options.
Let me know.
I am an HP Employee