01-08-2020 02:35 AM
I own a HP8715, using it as a network printer - together with the HP Smart App on my iMac. All works well, however - each time after a scan I have to recalibrate the printer, because the prints become seriously garbled after scanning. Any ideas or solutions?
01-10-2020 09:43 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. To assist you better, I would like to know the following:
- Which version of macOS are you using?
- Which application are you trying to print from?
- Have you tried printing different types of documents like PDF, Word or Webpages and check if the issue persists?
- Does the issue occur only after scanning? What happens if you try printing before you scan something?
For now, Update the printer firmware
Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
Also, check for any software updates on MAC
Click here to know how.
Keep me posted for further assistance.
I am an HP Employee
01-14-2020 05:11 AM
Thanks for your reply.
- I am using Mac OS 10.15.2
- Applications are either Microsoft Office for Mac, or Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Issue occurred with both MS Office docs (excel, word) and pdf docs
- Issue occurred only after scanning. Once calibrated, printing was fine until a next scan.
Regarding the updates: both Mac and printer are on automatic updates.
Interestingly, the problem has not reoccurred since 11 Jan. Possibly an update indeed fixed the issue?
I will come back with more details if the problem rears its head again.
01-14-2020 08:15 AM
Glad to know that the printer is working fine now. Updating the printer fixes many software related issues.
HP regularly releases new printer firmware versions with product enhancements or issue fixes. Depending on your printer, apps on the printer control panel might also receive updates. Update firmware and apps on a regular basis to make sure you are getting the most out of your printer.
Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee