1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

printing with 3720 via USB and blinking web services light - MAC user

macOS 10.12 Sierra

Hi, 

I am operating an iMac on Sierra and trying to use my Deskjet 3720 

My problem is, although HP instant ink is setup and working, and I have HP smart setup. I cannot just simply connect and print via USB. I tether my iMac via my mobile phone, and can connect my printer to this too but I'd prefer not too need to connect it every time. 

the web services list will not stop flashing amber and I can't print, unless I print via wifi direct which means disconnecting from my wifi (mobile tethering) to connect to the printer. 

I've spent hours trying to figure this and ready to give up 😞

JohnR

1 REPLY 1
Level 16
Level 16
26,375 26,099 4,656 10,245
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

printing with 3720 via USB and blinking web services light - MAC user

Hi,

HP Instant Ink requires an internet connection for the printer, with no internet access HP Instant Ink doesn't work as it cannot monitor the ink levels for the service:

Step 1: Check HP Instant Ink requirements

A printer with an active Internet connection: The printer must be set up on a wired or wireless network and Web Services must be turned on. This connection is required so that HP Instant Ink can securely monitor your printer’s ink status. A daily connection between your printer and the Internet is not required, but HP recommends that you allow your printer to remain connected as often as possible. After your printer has been disconnected for a few days, you receive reminders to connect. If you fail to connect, eventually your HP Instant Ink cartridges stop printing.

Shlomi
2019_MeetupAward_Signature_FINAL(1).png
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation