Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8610
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have an HP Officejet Pro 8610 - have had it for almost 2 years now. Never had problems until recently with card stock. When trying to print on card rollers sound as if they are going round but take ages to pick up card - then when it starts to print on the card it does not line up correctly and therfore print only appears on half of the card. Have checked everything - size setting etc and all is correct.

No problem when printing on paper.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @T1bby

Thanks for the reply!

Please go to http://hp.care/2gQnx4A and follow the steps under "Solution four: Clean the paper feed rollers" and clean the printer rollers thoroughly. Once done, try making a copy as suggested above and let me know if it is coming out good.

Let me know how that goes!

Have a great day 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello, @T1bby – Hope you are well 🙂

Thanks for accessing the HP Support Forums for extra support! I see that you are experiencing issues while printing using the cardstock paper. I will do my best to assist you with this issue!

Going through your post, I see that the printer is printing with the regular paper. Hence, the issue could most likely in the paper settings. Try the steps mentioned below and check:

• Go to Control panel – Devices and Printers.
  • Right-Click on the Officejet 8610 and select Printing Preferences.
  • Go to Paper / Quality tab change your paper type to "Cardstock" under media.
  • Also, if you are printing with Microsoft office / MS Word/ or any other program, make sure the media or paper type is also selected to the cardstock as well.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

Have a great day 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thanks very much, but I have tried all of that. As I said I have been using this for a while now and never had a problem before. I am using a Greeting Card Software package and it is always set to print card stock. I also always go into settings and change it to Card Stock and best. It seems to try and pick up the card - but takes a while and then it sounds like it is printing before the card is picked up , and when card comes out it has only printed half the content on the first part of the card as it comes out of the printer. It seems to me like it has problems picking up the card and when it does, it has already started printing so the print only appears on part of the card once it has pick the card up from the feeder - hope you understand my ramblings.

HP Recommended

Hello @T1bby

Thanks for the update & appreciate your efforts 🙂

I certainly did understand what you said and I suggest checking the printer hardware first. 

Let's try making a photocopy on the cardstock paper. That way we can eliminate the use of the computer and hence can test the printer capability of handling the cardstock paper. Place a document face down on the scanner glass and press the copy option on the printer control panel. Now go to the copy settings and change the paper type and the paper size matching to the cardstock paper that you have loaded. Once the settings are changed, try making a copy and let me know if it makes a good copy or not.

Thanks! I'll watch for your reply!

Good luck 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi Dvortex,

I have tried, as you suggested, to print a copy. Unfortunately this did not work either. Again it sounded as though it was trying to pick up the card, but it only managed to get it at the last minutes and jammed - message on the printer said - 'Remove the rear access panel  and then clear the paper etc.'

T1bby

HP Recommended

Hello @T1bby

Thanks for the reply!

Please go to http://hp.care/2gQnx4A and follow the steps under "Solution four: Clean the paper feed rollers" and clean the printer rollers thoroughly. Once done, try making a copy as suggested above and let me know if it is coming out good.

Let me know how that goes!

Have a great day 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Well, thank you very much for your help, it appears to be working for the moment. I have followed all the instructions and cleaned all the rollers (although they did not apear to be at all dirty..

I will keep all your instructions in case this goes wrong again, but thankyou for all your help.

T1bby

HP Recommended

I have a Mac computer so it seems the instructions are for windows PCs.   What do I do to get the card stock printing with my Mac?

This worked fine for the 1st year I had the HP OfficeJet Pro 8610 printer.

Help please

HP Recommended

I have several Mac computers I have been using with a newer HP 8702.  There is no "cardstock" setting on any of the printer settings.  I have found that this process works for heavier photo paper.  I am using 70lb photo from HP and Costco(Kirkland).  This may also work for a heavier 100lb paper but I haven't tried it.

1.  Select "Print" from whatever application you are using.  Excel, Word, Notepad, etc.

2.  Select “Paper Type” pulldown “Brochure Paper” > “HP Glossy Brochure…..”

3.  Take all plain paper out of paper tray.  Load  Photo Paper” or, whatever thick paper you want to print on.  Glossy side down if you are using photo paper.

4.  The printer will default back to it's original settings so, if you use this setting a lot, you may want to make it a preset that you can select, like preset "Thick".

Hope this helps.

HP Recommended

Did not work for me. takes card stock paper in but will not print on it

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.