Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am having trouble trying to print, the printer software is installed on my pc but it wont let me print anything, when i do it tries to send it as a fax instead of printing, but i never setup the fax part of the install so i dont know why it is trying to do this, i can print with no problems straight from my mobile though? can anyone help?

cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Check Settings > Devices > Printers and scanners and make sure the 8720 is set as the default.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Check Settings > Devices > Printers and scanners and make sure the 8720 is set as the default.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

my printer says Yyour printer has experienced and unexpected configuration problem Ox80040003 when I try and print from an email attachment

HP Recommended

It is already set as the default; and the Troubleshooter cannot find any problem; and it works with all other packages (e.g. MSWord; but this message comes up whenever I click on an attachment in Firefox and ask it to print

Francis

HP Recommended

@ Francisgardom, have you updated Firefox?

Have you tried another browser?

Can you print to a PDF file?

HP Recommended

Thank you for your answer, Deen

Yes i have updated firefox

I am awaiting a reply from Hewlett Packard.

I haven't tried another Browser but I will do so

I have tried to print from Firefox Browser generated PDF files but it only works  by printing them to PaperPort, Copying the text and pasting them into MS Word

Francis

HP Recommended

@Francisgardom, what operating system are you using?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.