Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

problems with 8720

HP8720 All In One
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

is anyone having problems with losing about 2" off the top and bottom of a document when printing from Publisher?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
1,210 1,210 72 88
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

problems with 8720

@Carolann1152,

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support community!

• Does the copy work fine?
  • Have you tried printing from another application? Does it print fine?

Verify the margin settings when printing from the Publisher.

• Open Publisher.
  • Click Page Design > Margins

• Try changing the margin settings
  • Try to print again

Let me know if this helps. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “KudosThumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping.

ATHARVA_GP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

problems with 8720

No that does not fix the problem - I believe it is a paper feed problem that I've been on tech support for days . . .I'm waiting for a new print head they feel sure will fix the problem

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
1,210 1,210 72 88
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

problems with 8720

@Carolann1152,

Ok, let's wait until you receive the new printer head.

Install it and check if that works.

Let me know if you need any further help.

Cheers!

ATHARVA_GP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

problems with 8720

The printhead does not change anything, as I expected.  A "certified refurbished" printer is being sent to me.  I am not at all happy with the entire process of troubleshooting the issue I have, nor the resolve.  I rely on my printer for my work.  I am usually given a project that will be due ASAP, meaning within a weeks time.  Because of the problem I have not been able to produce any work that needs card stock.  One deadline has come and gone - another this coming Wednesday (10th).   Waiting a week for the printhead was such a waste of time.  When it is an obvious paper feed problem a printhead should not be used as the all-solving-solution.  Once it was determined I would get a replacement printer, the date of delivery was 16th of April . . . which was not acceptable.  I was told I would have to pay to have expidited shipping and it still would not arrive before the 9th of April.  So, the bottom line is - I've lost a week and a half of work time, potentially risking getting future work and I'm only getting "certified refurbish" product.  What if this printer has the same issue (as I've read in reviews)?  That will be more down time.  Yes, I shouldn't worry about something that may not be true, but how can I not?  I've had HP printers since I purchased my first one back in the 90's - I've never had a problem (other than they only last till the warranty runs out - my last one 8620 was two days over warranty and I just purchased $181 worth of ink cartridges - worthless to me now).   Right now I'm doubtful of anything HP is doing to rectify this situation.  I can say this - if the "certified refurbished" doen't produce the way it should, I will insist on a full refund of the cost of the printer and ink cartridges and I'll never purchase an HP printer again.  I will share my recent experience with support & customer service through social media if necessary.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

problems with 8720

Update - certified refurbished printer arrived and it does the exact same thing - it will not accept cardstock weight paper.  I have gone through another series of troubleshooting with this replacement.  I don't understand the antics by HP keeping the consumer on hold for a decision that a product is defective and should be immediatly replaced with a new machine.  This is now a week and a half of going nowhere fast.  While waiting for a call back from HP I was informed the HP8720 and HP8730  are now discontinued.  What's with that?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
1,210 1,210 72 88
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

problems with 8720

@Carolann1152,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

ATHARVA_GP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation