Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 8715 All in One series

I print ONE label. Set up to print a new one but printer says "document waiting" and it will not clear, cancel or delete. Cannot print another new label. Only option is to reboot the computer and THAT does NOT always clear. Try turning printer off and reboot it. Doesn't always work. When finally get "document waiting" to clear, try again, print ONE label and then it happens again! This is ridiculous!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @getpat,

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips! I understand you are having issues while printing from your HP OfficeJet printer. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

What is Operating system installed on the PC? Is it Windows or Mac

How is the printer connected? USB/Wireless

In the meantime, let's try these steps here: 

For Windows: 

Press “Windows key” + “r” to get the “Run” window.

Type "services.msc" to get Services – Go to “Print spooler” – Right-click and “Stop” the service.

Now again open "Run" - Type “spool” and ok - Go to PRINTERS folder - delete everything in that folder.

Go to services again - Start the print spooler. Also, make sure the spooler service is started and startup type is automatic.

Now check for issue resolution.

If the issue persists, also try clean installing the printer drivers. Here are the steps:

First, unplug the USB cable from the printer if present.

Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Officejet printer entries and uninstall them.

Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.

Press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" (There is a space between .exe & /) and press enter.

Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.

Again, go to the Run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.

Restart your computer.

Now click https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-officejet-pro-8710-all-in-one-printer-series/790... (Please select the Operating system and Version of Windows before downloading and installing the printer software.

Connect the USB cable if prompted and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.

For Mac: 

• Click the Apple menu icon, and then click “System Preferences”.

• Click “Printers and Scanner” / “Print and Scan” or “Print and Fax”.

• Right-click the blank space in the Printers list, and then click “Reset printing system”.

• Click “Reset” in the confirmation window.

• Enter an administrator username and password, and then click “OK”.

• Wait until the printing system is reset and no devices show in the Printers list

• Restart your computer and then go back to System preferences – Printers and scanners.

• Click the “Add button” (+).

• Find, and then select the name of your printer from the printer list, and then click “Add” to add your printer. Do not select an HP Fax driver.

Click “Print Using...” or “Use”, and then select Secure AirPrint or AirPrint. Alternatively, you may select the name of your printer if available in that list.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.