Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yannek
Level 1
5 3 0 2
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

"Incompatible cartridge. The following cartridges are not intended for use in this printer" Message

HP Officejet Pro 8600 Premium e-All-in-One Printer series - N911
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

There seems to be a distinction now between replacement ink Z10 (for use in USA or Canada) and Z20 (Europe).  I buy genuine HP ink online and now, since replacing black ink (z10) I noticed my other inks purchased another time are Z20.  I live in California and am unaware that when I order ink I must now specifiy Z10 or it locks the printer.  

I have reset and done all possible and the Z10 cartridge is unrecognized though new and the message "incompatible cartridge.  The following cartridges are not intended for use in this printer."  Cannot get rid of the message or get the printer working again.  A working printer destroyed by some ink cartridge updates that were introduced without customers knowledge or understanding.

Is there a way of restoring the printer without charging customers for service through no fault of their own.  My inks are always "genuine" and I can appreciate the need for control over what inks are used in HP printers.  But when the printer no longer works using a genuine HP cartridge, I have a big problem with that.

I have unplugged and reset all night and need a solution.  I print medical records and need a working printer, not a new one or an expensive service call.

6 REPLIES 6
Retired
Retired
17,747 17,730 1,292 1,977
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

"Incompatible cartridge. The following cartridges are not intended for use in this printer" Message

Hi! @Yannek, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand you are getting error incompatible ink cartridge error on your printer.

Don't worry I will try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

As you mentioned after replacing the ink cartridges you are getting error cartridges are not intended for use in this printer.

First, please post your queries in a public post as not all the private message are monitored.

You can visit sure supply website and check compatible ink cartridges on your printer.

https://h22203.www2.hp.com/SureSupply/?AppName=CustomerCare_docs

Also, refer this article to further troubleshoot incompatible ink cartridge errors on your printer.

Hope this helps!

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Yannek
Level 1
5 3 0 2
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for reaching out.  I think someone else from HP emailed me and offered help.  I filled out a form sent it back and am awaiting  a repy.  I reposted this concern properly using "Regionalization" as the topic and someone from HP contacted me.

What happened was I bought HP ink from AMAZON. As it turns out it was sent by a dealer who provided 950-95 z20 cartridges instead of z10.  I installed them unaware of the January 2017 HP policy instituted by HP that tracks the country of purchase to avoid "counterfeit" purchases.  The printer was changed to European  by the z20 inks and when the ink ran out and I bought 950-951 inks from our local Office Supply, they did not work.  Now the z20 cartridgess are out of ink and I cannot start the printer up to use the "secret" reset menu on the printer because it keeps displaying cartirdges are out of ink messages.  The printer wants me to replace the depleted ink cartridges with z20 inks and I live in United States and not likely to find them here generally.   The company that sold the inks through Amazon has been removed from their list of dealers.

I still feel strongly that this HP measure of z10, z20 and z30 code is not biased in favor of the consumer and I have been a loyal one.  Whether this printer is now dead or lives again, I have a strong ethnical and moral conviction that, for me, it will be best to look elsewhere when a new printer is needed.  Other's may feel differently.  I try to react to disasters in a civil, rational manner, but make no miistake, I am completely disillusioned with HP.

Retired
Retired
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Yannek, Thanks for your quick response and time.

I appriciate your efforts for writing back to us.

As you mentioned someone from HP wrote you back suggested regionalization.

I'm glad to know that your issue was taken care.

Also, refer this article to know more information about printer regionalization.

If you have any queries in future you can always reach out to us.

Take Care!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Yannek
Level 1
5 3 0 2
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Problem not solved but I am shipping the HP printer to UK and my brother can use it; too many days without working printer or a solution.   I had a case number from HP but I'm purchasing another printer today. Thank you for trying to help.

Consdering I had used  HP computers and printers for a number of years and also purchased an HP laptop and printer for a friend,  HP is losing quite a bit of income in losing both my business as well as the many other customers who post  with this same printer problem and have chosen desertion as the only solution.

Retired
Retired
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Yannek,

I have escalated your concern to HP’s Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options if any.
You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding holidays & Weekends).

Response times may vary by region.
Please send a Private Message, if you aren’t contacted within 4-5 business days.

Regards

Mr.Robot

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Yannek
Level 1
5 3 0 2
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Received message from HP today that my case has been closed. No other info is given.

Thank you for case escalation and trying to help although outcome was unsuccessful.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation