Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro X476dw MFP

I only use letter size and have been using this printer for years until now without any problem. Since yesterday, I got the message "Load plain A4". The paper is letter size and I made sure the paper sizes is Letter under Printing Shortcuts. What should I do now?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please remove the paper from the tray, reload it and close the tray, then follow the steps on screen, you should see a prompt of the loaded paper and an option to change it.

If no such option is shown, open the Setup menu and look got Paper and Tray Settings, wither under the main setup menu or under System Setup, from there make sure the paper size for the printer is set as Letter and not as A4.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Doesn't work.. I see "Load tray 1 paper - Load plain officio paper in tray 1"

My current setting is Tray 2 - Letter size for Copy

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.