08-23-2019 08:54 AM
Yesterday I received a message "Missing or failed printhead" message on my office HP Officejet Pro 8610. Last night I received the same message on my home printer - same model printer.
Why would this happen?
08-26-2019 08:29 AM
@VDK1130, Welcome to the HP Support Community!
That's unfortunate. this seems like an issue with the printhead of the printer. let us try these steps to resolve this issue:
Reset the printer
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.
Reseat the printhead
Refer to solution two mentioned in this document. Also, re-install the ink cartridges.
Try making a copy or print.
Let me know how this goes.
If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee