12-19-2019 08:09 AM
This happened with one printer. I finally gave up and installed a different printer and the same thing is happening! This is the second printer that is showing this message, despite the trays being filled with paper. With both printers, I followed all the steps of cleaning the rollers, restarting the printer, etc. What is going on? Doesn't it seem odd that I'm having the same issue with two different printers??
12-21-2019 01:34 PM
Since the issue occurs with 2 different printers please try these steps
- Turn on the printer.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the printer. If your printer has a network or wireless connection, leave it connected.
- Remove the ink cartridges and all the papers from the printer.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and from the wall outlet or power strip.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to a wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
- Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
- Reinsert the ink cartridges, and then close the ink cartridge access door and put back the papers
- Ensure you are holding the papers in place with the Paper Guides
Also update the Printer Firmware from this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168
Keep me posted
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.
I Am An HP Employee