Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hello! I am having the same issue. I installed my ink cartridge and it has prompted me to check the cartridge and reinstall it if it is not installed correctly. I have taken it out and put it back in several times and have had no luck. I also tried to do a printer reset and I was still having the same issue. Is there anything else I can do th solve the problem?

HP Recommended

Hi @Ryan1291

Please send us a private message with your Instant Ink account details or you may also respond to the private message I've sent out and I'll help you out, accordingly. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. 

Let me know. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Please help, i am currently facing the same issue. I am currently unable to print anything. I have followed the steps in the previous posts, have unplugged the printer, to no avail.

HP Recommended

Hi @daveman333

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

What model printer are you using?

Have you tried inserting one ink cartridge at a time to identify the defective ink cartridge?

Have you checked your HP Instant Ink account page? Your Instant Ink account page will have notifications if there are any issues with the account or recent cartridge shipment, it will even provide solutions on how to fix the issue. You may log in to your HP Instant Ink account page from here.

If the suggested information can't be found, please send us a private message with your Instant Ink account details or you may also respond to the private message I've sent out and I'll help you out, accordingly. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Kumar - I have received your private message and responded with the relevant details. Could you explain why you have sent a second private message that has asked me to create a new thread? I have the EXACT SAME issue as everyone else in this thread that has received support.

HP Recommended

@daveman333

I have responded to the message. Kindly check the same. I have sent you a replacement tri-color Instant Ink cartridge with express shipping.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi i have a hp ink advantage 4670 printer. I'm getting the same error as everyone else. I bought the twin pack 680 ink few months ago. I used one of them without problem but when i replace it with the new one it gives me the same error in this thread. How can i solve it?

HP Recommended

@myghimh, Welcome to HP Support Community!

If you have already performed the steps from the document  HP Printer Does not Print and Error Indicates Faulty Ink Cartridge and the issue persists, it could be a hardware failure.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue and tried all the above solutions. Still not working. How can i fixed it. This issue is coming for Black ink.

HP Recommended

I have Envy 4520 same problem, tried all solutions. original HP cartridge. NOW it goes straight to the error even after I open it up, remove the cartridge and replace. (like I have done just to print a page)

My wife works for HPE as a data scientist. this is intolerable. oh , and this is the second Envy I have, I returned the last one after 6 months (bought the warranty) when is stopped working. 

Brant Lambermont

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.