01-06-2020 05:45 PM
Hi, I get the error message "This is a web services printer" even when trying to print a testpage via Systemsteuerung\...\GeräteUndDrucker > right click > Druckereigenschaften on the icon of "HP504FFF(HP OfficeJet Pro 8500 A909a)".
It is not depending on Firefox or any Non-Microsoft/Windows-Software.
- Windows 10, 64 bit, Auto update
- LAN Cable
- No recently installed software
How to get my printer running again?
01-09-2020 06:45 AM
Welcome to HP support community.
Download and run HP print and scan doctor to fix the issue.
Download link: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/patches/HPPSdr.exe
- Run PSDR v5.0.2
- Once the PSDR detects the Printer, it will show up the IP address and Software Status.
- Select the correct Printer and click on Next.
- PSDR will check if the Printer is on the Network and communication between the PC and the Printer. Once the connection check is done, click on Fix Printing
- Once PSDR goes through all checks and automatic fixes, click on Print a test page.
- Regardless if PSDR printed the test page or not, click on “NO PRINT”
- PSDR will then notify you that there is an update available, click on continue, and PSDR will apply the patch and ask for a reboot.
- Post restart the PSDR will run automatically to check for more issue. If no issue found close PSDR.
I hope hat helps.
To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits
I am an HP Employee