GaryCummings
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

refilled hp inkjet cartridge will not work

HP Deskjet 7310
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How do How can I get my hp cartridge , that was refilled at Costco, to work in my HP deskjet 7310 printer?I get 

1 REPLY 1
Level 15
Level 15
891 884 86 215
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

refilled hp inkjet cartridge will not work

@GaryCummings 

Hello,

All cartridges being repeatedly refilled eventually do fail.  Some cartridges/printers may encounter an unavoidable mechanical or electrical failure which is unrelated to refilling.  Check for physical damage on the cartridge.  Look at the print cartridge and see if there are any cracks, tears or missing elements.  Any one of these can cause a failure.  In these cases, you will need to purchase a new cartridge and start the refill process again after it has run out.

In order to solve this problem, please follow these steps:

1. Remove ink cartridges from printer.
  2. Press 4 + # + OK simultaneously, this should display the Information Menu.
  3. Using the navigation arrow keys, go to CHECKSUM FOR RELOCK DATA INPUT
  4. Install both ink cartridges.
  5. Press OK five (5) times.
  6. Exit by pressing the Cancel (X) Button.
  7. Attempt to send emergency print job thru to printer. If this doesn’t work the 1st time you may need to repeat 2 or 3 times to ensure relock data clears.

Do not hesitate to solicite us if needeed.

Best regards,

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accepted Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Expert support community HP France.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation