Highlighted
Level 1
8 2 0 2
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

refund for DEFECTIVE HPXL cartridge

HP Recommended
Envy 4500

I hope to obtain a refund for a defective HP black cartridge, but there seems no customer service

available that can assist.  I have called for hours, been transferred xyz, and finally told if I don't have

an order number from HP, that I'm out of luck.  It is extremely disappointing to chase supposed printer problems

for a month, only to discover the HP cartridge was defective and that the corporation has no interest

in even a token effort to make things right.   All the time I've wasted ....

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 1
Level 1
5 5 0 2
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, 

Can you tell me more? What is the issue with the cartridge? Did you get an error or what happened when you tried to use it? 

We can try to troubleshoot the error if there is one. For instance, if it was a a message about an incompatible ink cartridge, there is documented troubleshooting for that. 

Otherwise, here is some more information on the warranty on the ink cartridge

I hope that helps! 

Natalie 

I am an HP employee
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
8 2 0 2
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This post refers to Natalie-B's suggestion.

Throughout this ordeal, no error messages have appeared. 

When the old HP black cartridge ran low, the print began to get light and streaky.  I then opened a fresh HPXL cartridge, but horizontal lines appeared on xeroxed copies while Word documents would print only every second or third line.  I was told the printer head was the culprit.  It was only when I purchased a replacement copier and tried its sample cartridge, that I discovered the problem was the XL cartridge, which has an expiration date of March 2019.

when I finally, finally got a phone number to "billing," a pleasant fellow at HP said that the company did not like to replace/refund cartridges that were not purchased directly from them and which need an HP "order number."  I found that difficult to believe, but thanked the guy for letting me know I wasn't duly documented.  However, the HP warranty is supposed to cover "authorized distributors."   The warranty page mentions an insert that I cannot locate; I have the box itself.  Also, "contact HP on this page" seems to want to send me on another merry-go-round. 

0 Kudos
Tags (2)
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
8,250 7,081 141 476
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Dur123

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation