Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Hp 3050a Deskjet j611
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a 3050A j611 from UK, now i have moved to India. I called up the tech support they say i have to have the old 301 cartridge as well to do a region reset

and I don't have an access to one. if you could help me with region change with-out the 301 cartridge that would be great, otherwise I'll have to throw out the printer which is absolute waste since its rarely used. I have the two new cartridges for India 802 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@pothanis

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Do not worry, we'll sort this out for you.

Make sure you have plain white, letter-size paper loaded in the input tray.

Press and hold the Power button and the Cancel button for 10 seconds. The extended self-test report prints.

Please get back to us with the picture of the report.

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@pothanis

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Do not worry, we'll sort this out for you.

Make sure you have plain white, letter-size paper loaded in the input tray.

Press and hold the Power button and the Cancel button for 10 seconds. The extended self-test report prints.

Please get back to us with the picture of the report.

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Scan.jpg

HP Recommended

reportreport

@Betty0610

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.