Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
ENVY 4520
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My ENVY 4520 printer is giving me a "remove and reinstall" error message that I cannot resolve, despite following those instructions repeatedly. I think I may need a new color cartridge because that seems to be the one that is causing the problem. However, I am on the HP connected instant ink program and it says that it will not send me a new cartridge because I have an unresolved error. I have tried the hard reset, as recommended on other postings, but that did not resolve the issue. I would appreciate help solving this. I am close to giving up on HP and the instant ink program and switching to another printer brand.

Thank you for your assistance.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@RikZander,

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips! I Understand you need help with the incompatible cartridge error, and before we get into the details, Click here and try all the steps mentioned, to solve the issue, if that doesn't help, I need more information to help your cause.

Since the instant ink account details are confidential, please send me the required information via private message.

I am sending you a private message with the information required. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile,

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely,

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@RikZander,

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips! I Understand you need help with the incompatible cartridge error, and before we get into the details, Click here and try all the steps mentioned, to solve the issue, if that doesn't help, I need more information to help your cause.

Since the instant ink account details are confidential, please send me the required information via private message.

I am sending you a private message with the information required. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile,

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely,

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I've sent you the information you requested. Looking forward to getting this resolved soon. Thanks for your help!

HP Recommended

The new instant ink cartridges seem to have solved the problem. Thanks for your help!

HP Recommended

@RikZander,

I'm glad you got this issue sorted out.

Do visit our HP Forums and drop us a message anytime you need help.

Thank you 😀

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.