Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I have been having problems after I installed the 3 new HP color ink cartridges. printer would not print. I am down to Reset & relocate the product. I have moved printer to another room and plugged the power cord into the wall.....loaded plain white paper in the tray.  It says to "Press & hold 3 and 6 on the control panel while reconnecting the power cord to the back of the printer."

If the printer is not connected, where do I find the # and 6 on the "control panel"?  Do I use my computer? I am confused because my control panel on the printer is dark. I would certainly appreciate some help so I can get printing again.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
@ Edwardcharles, I think that this post must have got separated from the rest that we made on this topic. It seems to be an exact replica of another post. Here is a link back to that post for community members that might be seeking an answer on this.
I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended
@ Edwardcharles, I think that this post must have got separated from the rest that we made on this topic. It seems to be an exact replica of another post. Here is a link back to that post for community members that might be seeking an answer on this.
I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
HP Recommended

Help on my Photosmart C6380 All in One.

When I power it up I receive a message on the printer stating Inproper Shutdown, use the powere buttom as apposed to unplugging the unit.  Hit OK to Continue.

Printer will not print or copy.  It states that it is printing or copying but nothing prints.

Was connected via wireless.  Went to a USB connection.  Can not go back to wireless connection.

PLEASE HELP !!

HP Recommended

Hi lobuej,

I understand you are experiencing some issues with your Photosmart C6380 printer. Sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues, but I will certainly do my best to assist you with this.

Because you're not able to make a copy on the unit I'd like you to follow this document to reset the unit and get it plugged directly to a wall. This should allow the printer then to copy and hopefully print via USB.

If this works and you would like to get the wireless back let me know and I can assist with that as well if needed! Have a great day!

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to thank me for responding! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

The document link here does not work. jst takes you to the support page.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.