05-13-2020 06:23 PM
HP Photosmart C4795 will not initialize. Touchscreen shows HP logo and bar moving below as it does when starting up, but it never reaches a usable state. I believe it needs a factory restart but I have been unable to find instructions. I've tried unplugging it for hours, and have tried plugging it in while holding the power button, but it just hangs up while loading. This began after trying to connect it wireless to my computer. Now it will not start up even when not connected to a computer. Any help will be appreciated.
05-21-2020 07:31 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.
Reset the printer
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.
If the screen is stuck, it is not possible to perform a reset. However, let us try as it is the only step that may resolve this issue.
- The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may corrupt the device.
- I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer.
- In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage
I hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee