01-29-2020 08:39 AM
Got a new HP spectre x360 laptop, want to install officeject 5740
Officejet 5740 already installed on my older spectre 360
loaded 123.hp.com to download
Printer already set up on old spectre wirelessly
123.hp.com can't find my printer
Solved! Go to Solution.
01-31-2020 02:53 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community!
I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to install your printer on the computer.
Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.
I recommend you follow the below steps to add the printer using the printer IP address.
1. Select “Start” and type “printers” in the search box.
2. Choose “Printers & scanners“.
3. Select “Add a printer or scanner“.
4. Wait for the “The printer that I want isn’t listed” option to appear, then select it.
5. Select “Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname” , then select “Next“.
6. Select “TCP/IP Device” in the “Device type” list.
7. Type the hostname or the IP address of the printer. Select “Next“. To find the IP address of the printer, touch the Wi-Fi icon on the printer's control panel.
8. Windows should find the printer if the printer is on and configured correctly. You may have to specify more information. If prompted, Select the type of network adapter installed in the printer in the “Device Type” drop-down list. You can also click “Custom” to specify custom settings for the network printer. Select “Next“
Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!
If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!
I am an HP Employee