11-13-2018 01:23 PM
Just installed new HP Ink Cartridges. When I print a Test Page, it prints only black part. When I print a document with colored text, it end up with a blank paper. I do have choice to choose between print with color or black& white, but it doesn't help. This happened after I install high Sierra on my MacBookPro. Help! Thank you!!
Solved! Go to Solution.
11-15-2018 01:59 PM
A warm welcome to HP forums! This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.
I got to know from your post that the printer will not print in color and I'll be glad to help you out. However, for an accurate solution, I would need more details:
Are you able to copy documents in color?
How is the printer connected USB or Wireless?
Could you also print a self-test report and let me know if it has color in it. In order to print the report:
1.) Press and hold the Cancel () button and then press the Start Copy Color () button.
2.) Release both buttons. The self-test report prints.
Let me know!
I am an HP Employee
11-16-2018 01:03 PM
Thank you for the help!! Here are the detail on the problem:
1.I can’t print neither test page or document in color
2. The printer connect to computer through USB
3. As I print self-test report, I can see color blue only. (see below)
11-20-2018 07:26 AM - edited 11-20-2018 07:26 AM
You are welcome!
Power resetting the printer, performing an automated and manual cartridge cleaning may resolve the issue. Let's try these steps:
1) Make sure this printer is plugged into a direct wall, not a surge protector
2) Remove all of your ink cartridges from the printer and close the door
3) Remove the power cord from the back of the printer (Do no press the power button)
4) Clean the ink cartridges, refer to step 3 from this document.
5) Plug the power cord back into the printer
6) Wait for the printer to turn on completely, then install the ink cartridges.
7) Use steps 2 from this document to perform an automated cartridge cleaning.
Let me know how it goes!
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
11-20-2018 08:08 AM
hallo, thank you for the suggestions.
Both test page and cleaning page are only in black.
When I print document in color, it only print in black and slightly blue color. Anything elese I can do? Thank you!