01-18-2020 11:42 AM
I've replaced ink cartridges in the past with no problem. Today I tried to lift the cartridge access door and it appears to be 'locked'.
01-21-2020 09:16 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community.
Let's try to reset the Printer here:
Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Also, try connecting the Printer to a different wall outlet directly.
Let's try a printer firmware update: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168
Let me know if this helps.
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
01-21-2020 04:20 PM
Thanks for your suggestions. I had already tried these from previous posts. In the end, I followed an old suggestion to 'force' it open. I did and it worked. So was able to change the cartridges. So far, good. Thanks