02-04-2020 04:30 PM
Attempting initial setup of HP Office Jet 5258. Install instructions dictate that I enter the WPS pin (which is"located on the product's accompanying literature or on the product" itself ... NOT!)
My HP laptop does not recognize the new printer so, in effect, I do not have a new printer.
02-07-2020 02:35 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the "WPS error".
Let's try these steps to restore the network settings to defaults -
1. From the Home screen, touch (Wireless) and then touch ( Settings ).
2. Touch Restore Network Settings, and then follow the onscreen instructions.
3. Print the network configuration page and verify that the network settings have been reset.
Reboot the router, printer and the computer. Run the Wireless Wizard from the printer's control panel to connect the printer -
1. On the printer control panel display, from the Home screen, touch ( Wireless ).
2. Touch ( Settings ).
3. Touch Wireless Setup Wizard or Wi-Fi Protected Setup.
4. Follow the display instructions to complete the setup.
You may also refer to this document - HP Printers - An 'Enter WPS PIN' Message Displays During Printer Setup
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee