Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP 2655 deskjet (SN [edited])
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've unchecked printer offline under what's printing but it still say the printer is offline when I attempt to print a document

23 REPLIES 23
HP Recommended

@Montgomery8022, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Check the connections between the printer and the PC

Restart the network devices

1. Turn off the Router, Printer, and the computer/ mobile devices.
  2. Wait for 60 seconds.
  3. Turn on the Router first and wait for all the lights to stabilize.
  4. Turn on the printer and allow it to configure itself.
  5. Turn on the computer/ mobile devices.

Run HP Print and Scan Doctor to diagnose and fix any driver issue

Click here to download the file. Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and click on 'Fix printing'.

If the issue persists, proceed to the next step.

• Make sure the printer and the PC are connected to the same wireless network.
  • This printer supports only 2.4GHz network.
  • Print a Network Configuration Page to make sure that the printer is on the same network as the computer.

On the printer's control panel, press the Wireless button  and the Information button  at the same time.

• If you have a Dual-band router and both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks share the same name/SSID, the printer will not be able to connect to the network. In this case, contact your Internet service provider to assign different names to both the networks.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, search through your computer 'print spooler' and cancel all documents . If that doesn't work restart your computer. Kudos 🙂

HP Recommended

I ran thru the steps provided and the HP Print & Scan Doctor but it doesn't recognize my printer.  When clicking on printer/device information I get the following "the computer is unable to establish two-way communication with the device."  When clicking the wireless icon button on the printer, it blinks for 2-3 min. and shuts off.

HP Recommended

This also does not solve the problem.

HP Recommended

@Montgomery8022

Restore the network settings to defaults - Press the Wireless button and the Cancel button from the printer control panel at the same time, and then hold them for three seconds.

If the router has a WPS push button, try these steps to connect - 

1) Press and hold the Wireless button on the printer for more than three seconds to start WPS push mode. The Wireless light starts blinking.
2) Press the WPS button on your router.
NOTE: THE MOMENT YOU PRESS THE WIRELESS BUTTON ON YOUR PRINTER, WITHIN 30 SECONDS YOU SHOULD PRESS THE WPS BUTTON ON THE ROUTER.

Let  me know. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I got to the point where I was told to search C:\Windows\System32\Spool\Printers and it says "enter the WPS PIN for your printer" but when I finally found my Wi-Fi password I no longer know where to put it, sorry

HP Recommended

asmita6658:

Sorry, as I was shutting things down the location to type in my Wi-Fi password appeared but it didn't work.  On the label on my router the Wi-Fi password is typed as all caps where there are letters but I used lower case letters . . . maybe this may be why it didn't work?

HP Recommended

@Montgomery8022

The wireless password is case-sensitive. 

Use WPS to connect the printer to your wireless network.

1. Locate the WPS button on your router, but do not press it yet.

If your router does not support WPS, skip to the next step to connect the printer with the HP Smart app.

2. Turn on the printer. If the printer is in sleep mode, press the Cancel button on the control panel.

3. On the printer control panel, press and hold the Wireless button  for at least 3 seconds or until the wireless light starts to flash.

4. On the router, press and hold the WPS button for 3 to 5 seconds or until it shows that the WPS connection process has started.

NOTE: The printer stops searching for a WPS connection two minutes after the wireless button is pressed. If you were unable to press the WPS button within that timeframe, attempt these steps again.

Once the printer connects to the wireless network, the blue Wireless light on the control panel turns on solid.

Let me know how this goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

In searching to determine if my router supports WPS, the computer suggested going to  my Device Network screen but I can't seem to locate this. 

Also, your comment about the wireless password being case sensitive, there's also a question regarding zeros (0) or ohs (O) as the number on the router label is as follows: 070E7T5ZQ0B0A

Thanx.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.