Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

@Montgomery8022

On your router, check if you have a WPS button. If you do, use the WPS method to connect the printer to the PC as stated in the previous post.

If you do not have a WPS button, you will have to use a USB cable to connect these devices and then convert it to wireless.

Refer to this document for more info.

If you have any doubts regarding the wireless password, you may contact your Internet service provider for assistance.

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

From your post of 11/24/19 @ 10:05AM, you indicated "If your router does not support WPS" etc. but I do not know how to determine if my router supports WPS.  It does have a WPS button.

HP Recommended

@Montgomery8022

If the router has a WPS button, it means it supports the WPS method of connectivity. Kindly follow the steps mentioned in my previous post to connect the printer to the wireless network using WPS method.

Let me know how this goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Using the procedure outlined in your post of 11/23/19 9:33AM,then:

Settings \ Devices \ Devices and Printers \ Add a printer \ Direct-9C-HP Deskjet 2600 Series 

Note: "Next" is grayed out so I clicked on "The printer that I want isn't listed"  and I then get the following message.

"The local print spooler service is not running.  Please restart the spooler or restart the machine."

HP Recommended

@Montgomery8022

Restart the spooler service on the PC:

1. Search Windows for "run", and click the Run Windows application in the list of results.

2. Type services.msc in the Run window, and then press Enter on the keyboard.

The Services menu opens.

3. Right-click Print Spooler and select Stop.

4. Wait for couple of seconds and select Start.

Use WPS method to connect the printer

Use WPS to connect the printer to your wireless network.

1. Locate the WPS button on your router, but do not press it yet.

If your router does not support WPS, skip to the next step to connect the printer with the HP Smart app.

2. Turn on the printer. If the printer is in sleep mode, press the Cancel button on the control panel.

3. On the printer control panel, press and hold the Wireless button  for at least 3 seconds or until the wireless light starts to flash.

4. On the router, press and hold the WPS button for 3 to 5 seconds or until it shows that the WPS connection process has started.

NOTE: The printer stops searching for a WPS connection two minutes after the wireless button is pressed. If you were unable to press the WPS button within that timeframe, attempt these steps again.

Once the printer connects to the wireless network, the blue Wireless light on the control panel turns on solid.

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Restarted the spooler service, no effect; it won't print.  I went thru the HP Print & Scan Dr steps again and it still will not print.

HP Recommended

@Montgomery8022

I think this issue needs some additional technical assistance that can be better provided through one-on-one interaction with our HP Support team.

I would request you to contact them for further assistance.

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference.

6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I also meant to include the following in my post of yesterday, and I'll number the steps:

1. Settings

2. Devices

3. Devices & Printers

4. HP DJ 2600 series PCL-3 (Network)

5. See what's printing

6. Printer

And this last step shows the following menu:

Connect

Set as Default Printer (Not: this is the one thing checked here)

Printing Preferences

Update Driver

Pause Printing

Cancel All Documents

Sharing

Use Printer Offline

Properties

Close

HP Recommended

@Montgomery8022

Thank you for the detailed response. However, HP support team would be able to assist you better with a one on one interaction. Kindly contact HP Support team for further assistance.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I contacted HP Support and was able to speak with a real person, though difficult to understand as his English was not very good.  It was explained that my HP Deskjet 2655 printer is 161 days out of warranty and the help option ($19.99 non-refundable, which I took this to mean whether he/they were able to fix things or not) or purchasing a new printer (HPENVY5055 @ $59.99, incl. shipping/handling) from HP and would have a new one year warranty.  It sure sounds like HP is in the disposable business these days and this is a sorry shame as I can recall at the early onset of computers in industry we had quite a number of HP (tape drive type units) which never seemed to break whereas other manufacturer's computers did and even a laymen like me could determine the reason by opening up an HP and finding how well the insides were put together with Ag contacts and others were not and would cause problems in a chemical environment.  If/when I get a new printer, you can be sure it will not be an HP.  Thanx for your help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.