Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

After an hour of not being able to print (Message saying Printer is OFFLINE), I followed the steps provided by Kumar (HP) AND IN LESS THAN 2 MINUTES (AFTER EVERYTHING WAS RECONNECTED, ETC) I WAS ABLE TO PRINT THE PAGE THAT I  HAD TRIED TO PRINT EARLIER. THE PAGE PRINTED 3 COPIES (THE AMOUNT WAS A RESULT OF ME CLICKING "PRINT" 3 TIMES BEFORE FOLLOWING KUMAR'S STEPS.

THANK YOU, KUMAR!

HP Recommended

Hi @Grunt0331

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Glad to know that the issue is now resolved. Feel free to contact us with any concerns related to HP products.

Happy to help!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

No, all the HP Support Community suggestions did no good.  Even contacting HP directly for help did no good as they indicated that there would be a $20 charge but no guarantee they could fix the problem, so they apparently are in the business of producing products which are guaranteed to fail within 1.5 years so I purchased a new printer.

HP Recommended

I think that Montgomery should follow Kumar's (HP) recommendation (which I did, and it eliminated the problem).  I hate to say this, but "M" needed to rethink before posting negatively, and more than likely could have saved the cost of a new printer. I have personally owned HP printers exclusively for over 30 years with no problems at all, with exception of a very few instances where "operator error" caused a "glitch", and the HP online forum had me up and running in less than the time it took me to compose this reply.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.