Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
hp envy photo 7858
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

This is the second time in 2 years I have had to replace my HP printer.  The last time I had to toss 4 ink cartridges.  That hurt monetarily!  My HP 6968 just died and my son bought me a new HP Envy photo 7858.  I have one black XL ink cartridge that is unopened and not expired.

I have called and emailed HP several times and was told they would not exchange it for me because my son did not purchase it through them. 

I feel this is poor customer service.  Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@brewergirl

Welcome to the HP Support Community

As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now. In order to resolve the issue, we have to elevate the case to the next level.

I will share you few details through a private message.

Can you please check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

After 5 emails, I have to conclude HP has VERY POOR customer service.  I will just toss my unopened, unused ink cartridge.  My last HP printer!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.