06-09-2018 01:03 PM - edited 06-09-2018 01:06 PM
Good Day. Thank you for posting your query in the HP community. I read the post regarding issues with printing in color. I will be delighted to assist you here.
Superb description and spectacular troubleshooting and commendable diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂
For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:
- Did this occur after a software or Windows update?
- Do you get any error messages?
- Did you check the printer settings?
For now, try these steps:
- Please perform a hard reset on the printer from this link: https://hp.care/2JrEVgC by following instructions from the section “Step 1: Reset the printer”
Then perform a root level uninstallation and reinstallation of the printer drivers by following these steps:
- In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
- Select your HP printer.
- Select Uninstall.
- In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
- In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
- Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
- Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
- Click on Drivers tab.
- Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
- Select OK.
- Remove all instances of the same.
- Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
- Close Devices and Printers.
- Restart the PC again.
Then download the latest full feature driver from https://hp.care/2Kx16z0 and install it on the computer after selecting the correct operating system.
Connect the printer to your computer only when the setup prompts for the printer.
If this does not do the trick, please download the Windows Built-in drivers by following instructions from this link: https://hp.care/2o3acvH
- Perform steps 2 and 3 to remove the printer and re-add it. This should do the trick for you. There is an associated YouTube video on how to do it.
- Please check this link: https://hp.care/2FKAR6l (HP Printers - Print Driver Settings Guide (Windows) as it gives information on all your printer settings. Check these settings:
- Color and black & white settings.
This should do the trick for you.
Perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. Good luck to you. I will keep a watch for your response.
Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!
To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.
Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂
I am an HP Employee
06-09-2018 05:41 PM
It has been a fabulous experience working with you. 🙂 I thank you greatly for accepting this as a solution. You've been simply amazing with your technical expertise and thanks again for giving me the privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂
I hope the unit works great and stays healthy for a long time.
To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.
Please take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead. 🙂
I am an HP Employee
10-05-2018 10:36 AM
I upraded my drivers following the instructions (deleted driver using priintui command). However, I am still not able to see the Printer Assistant software on my appliation list. I used to use this all the time for scanning, checking ink levels, etc. HELP!