12-21-2019 06:42 AM
I have scanned some photos for printing. Photos are standard 4x6 but when I try to print them they print only half the picture about 3 1/2 X4 and picture is not centered. I have printer paper size set at 4x6 and paper type set as HP photo. Have tried hoz..and port. settings, I have owned printer for awhile now but first time I have tried printing photos. Hope someone can help.
Thank you Scott
12-23-2019 01:15 PM
Welcome to HP support community.
Are you able to print regular files fine?
I request you to talk to HP support.
Perform a power reset
- Turn on the printer, if it is not already on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 30 seconds.
- Plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet and printer without any surge protector.
- Turn on the printer.
Update the printer firmware
Here are the steps:- Click here
I hope that helps.
To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee
12-24-2019 06:25 AM
Thank you for the reply
Yes regular files print fine In fact pictures will print correct size if I use scan document in place of copy photo. I will try power reset and firmware update. I do not remember last time I checked for any updates.
Thank You Again
Hope you have a Merry Christmas