Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy photo 7800 all in one wireless
Other

I have white horizontal lines on my photos. I have HP Envy photo 7800 all in one that I use wirelessly. This happened when I first got my printer. A help person helped me fix it over the  phone. It had to do with printer settings for quality. I can't find any way to do fine settings.  There are no error messages.  I use Safari browser on my iMac computer. It recently updated to Mac OS Mojave. I doubt that had anyting to do with it though.  I know it can be fixed by fine tuning settings. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Sammygirl, I am the Mr.Robot. It looks like you were interacting with @senan6806, but he is out of the office today, so I'll take over from here.

I appriciate your efforts for writing back to us.

As you mentioned when you make a copy from your printer it is printing lines.

Have you tried checking with different ink cartridges?

Replace low, empty or faulty ink cartridges on your printer.

Check the print settings for your print job in macOS or OS X.

1. Open a document, click File, and then click Print.

The Print window opens.

2. Select the Paper Type/Quality or Media & Quality menu.

3. Depending on your print job, you might consider modifying the following settings:

• Paper type: If one of the options matches your paper type exactly, select that option.

• Quality: If you are dissatisfied with the quality of your printouts, increase the print quality. To print more quickly, decrease the print quality.

To save your settings for future print jobs, select Save in the Presets menu and then name the new preset.

Also, try the steps recommended below.

1.) Click the Apple menu, click System Preferences, and then click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.

Example of the Printers & Scanners window

2.) If your printer is listed, click the printer name, click the minus sign to delete the printer.

3.) Click the plus sign , click Add Printer or Scanner, click the printer name.

4.) Confirm AirPrint displayed in the Use or Print Using menu, and then click Add.

Select AirPrint from the Use menu

5.) Open a document or photo, click File, and then click Print.

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps. It is could be an issue with the ink cartridge or the printhead.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot print quality issues your printer. Click Here

Hope this helps!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Sammygirl

Welcome to HP Forums. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

I got to know from your post that the printed page has horizontal line and I'll be glad to help you out. However, for an accurate solution, I would need more details:

Does it happen when you copy a photo/document?

How is the printer connected, USB or Wireless?

Could you also print a print quality diagnostic report and let me know if the report has horizontal line. In order to print the report:

1.) On the control panel, swipe down to open the Dashboard, and then touch the Setupicon.

2.) Swipe up on the display, touch Reports, and then touch Print Quality Report.

Let me know!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello. I tried to copy a good photo. It wouldn't print as a photo, I had to print it out as a document and it had white lines.  I am using it wirelessly. 

I printed a quality diagnostic report and it is fine. I printed one the other day also and it was fine. There is an arrow at the bottom pointing at a green box.  I also aligned it just to be sure and its fine.

Thank you, 

I look forward to an answer to my problem.

Sammygirl

HP Recommended

Hi @Sammygirl, I am the Mr.Robot. It looks like you were interacting with @senan6806, but he is out of the office today, so I'll take over from here.

I appriciate your efforts for writing back to us.

As you mentioned when you make a copy from your printer it is printing lines.

Have you tried checking with different ink cartridges?

Replace low, empty or faulty ink cartridges on your printer.

Check the print settings for your print job in macOS or OS X.

1. Open a document, click File, and then click Print.

The Print window opens.

2. Select the Paper Type/Quality or Media & Quality menu.

3. Depending on your print job, you might consider modifying the following settings:

• Paper type: If one of the options matches your paper type exactly, select that option.

• Quality: If you are dissatisfied with the quality of your printouts, increase the print quality. To print more quickly, decrease the print quality.

To save your settings for future print jobs, select Save in the Presets menu and then name the new preset.

Also, try the steps recommended below.

1.) Click the Apple menu, click System Preferences, and then click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.

Example of the Printers & Scanners window

2.) If your printer is listed, click the printer name, click the minus sign to delete the printer.

3.) Click the plus sign , click Add Printer or Scanner, click the printer name.

4.) Confirm AirPrint displayed in the Use or Print Using menu, and then click Add.

Select AirPrint from the Use menu

5.) Open a document or photo, click File, and then click Print.

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps. It is could be an issue with the ink cartridge or the printhead.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot print quality issues your printer. Click Here

Hope this helps!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I knew it wasn't the ink or ink heads. I knew it was a better quality setting because we had the same problem when we first got it. A nice support agent helped me fix it over the phone after I was sent two refurbished replacement printers. Today I uninstalled the printer and reinstalled it. When I did this I had access to more settings to increase quality.  It printed two good photos.  It took forever but I'm just glad its printing good quality without the lines.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

@Sammygirl

It looks like you were interacting with @A4Apollo, but he is out for the day. I'm KrazyToad & I'm at your service. 

I'm glad you got this issue sorted out

Do visit our HP Forums and drop us a message anytime you need help

Thank you 😊

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.