Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

the issue is back.  Nothing changed - just same HP-Cue scanning flow stopped.

Cant access the scan-setup - it gives the same error!

HP Recommended

Before I downloaded the full installer, I checked my hard drive.  It seems I have a more recent version that ends with 140_147.  Which should I use?

HP Recommended
Worse yet...I just went through all my 7z folders. None of them has the sequence you describe or the L4 file. What next?
HP Recommended

Hi JonCowan,

Follow the steps for using the original installation CD you recieved with the printer.

From Original installation CD:

1. Insert CD into drive, and then cancel the installer

2. Open My Computer, and then right click on the CD drive and chose open

3. Open folder Util

4. Open folder CCC

5. If you have an HP computer run the L3uninstall.exe. If you have a non-HP computer run the L4uninstall.exe

6. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer

7. Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tools

8. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player

http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads​.html

9. Download the full feature software and drivers

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloa​dIndex?softwareitem=mp-66918-4&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...=

10. Run the download to reinstall the printer

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Hi Bluefathoms,

Which model 6500 E709 or E710?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Which model 6500 E709

been through a reinstall, utility scan, front panel update.  Issue randomly persists.  Did a recent dwonload of critical communications update - waiting to see if resolved.

HP Recommended

Hi Bluefathoms,

Follow the steps in the attached documents.

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

That won't work.  I searched my computer and can't find a copy of L3uninstall.  Why don't you just send me L4 uninstall?

HP Recommended

Hi JonCowan,

The L3 & L4 uninstall would be in the same folder. For me to better assist you on this issue I need to determine the correct printer you have. The 309a doesn't help me identify the correct printer. Please check the bottom or the back of the printer for one of the model number listed below, and let me know which printer you are using?

C309h
C309g
C309a
C309c
C309n

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

The dumb-ass thing does not have a letter.  It just says C309 on the bottom.  Check out the Serial Number:  {Removed for privacy}.  Thanks.  Everything else says 309a. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.