Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
venkat3699
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

why my printer hp 4355 showing cartridge error while print

we are not using our printer hp officejet 4355 all-in-one from last 3 months.today we trying to use this printer for prints but printer is showing cartridge error and not printing.what is the problem how to solve this problem.

2 REPLIES 2
Level 9
3,242 3,139 354 625
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Since the printer has been unused for the last few months, the cartridges could have clogged up or dried out. I would run the cartridge cleaning utility and then do a manual cleaning of the contacts. The manual cleaning process is outlined quite well in step three of this document here. If after cleaning you are still getting the error I would do a hard reset to the machine. It will attempt to restore the printer to a known working condition and no user settings are lost with a hard reset.

To do a hard reset:
1. With the printer plugged directly into a wall outlet, and turned on, unplug the cord from the rear of the printer.
2. Then unplug the cord from the wall socket.
3. Wait at least 30-60 seconds
4. Plug the power cord back into the wall socket first. If the cord has a module in it, make sure that the light on the module is lit up and then plug cord back into the rear of the printer
5. The printer should power back on by itself, but if not use the power button on front panel to turn machine back on.

If after that reset, one is still getting the cartridge error, I would replace the cartridges to the machine. I hope that this helps.
I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
0 Kudos
prarautela
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

.my hp officejet 4355 printer shows cartiage error red light blinking always even scan .plese give me any solution and scaning software.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation