Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 2542 All-in-One ser
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

i am a forgate my wifi direct printing modified password pls can you help me,

how to resert wifi direct printing password???

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

To connect wirelessly to the printer without a router, press the Wireless Direct button from the printer control panel.

If this is the first time you turn on HP wireless direct,a How to Connect information page will be printed out.

Follow the instructures on the printed information page.

NOTE: HP wireless direct with security is enabled by default when you turn it on. The HP wireless direct password can be found by printing the information page. The information page may not be available in all languages. It only can be printed automatically when you first enable HP wireless direct.

To print the information page, press and hold the Wireless Direct button for more than 3 seconds. If HP wireless direct is turned on, the Wireless Direct status light is solid on.

Here's the userguide fyi:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03847745

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended
  • we was a wifi direct defult password modifayd and this password is forgate and not a show this password in use the priter wirelessly without a router and a not a connect printer wifi in my pc
  • i need a your help, how to show or reset passwprd

• i attach a use the printer wirelessly without a router  and show step-4 in attach file
  • pls, find attach file.......scanner_20170417_215622.jpg
HP Recommended

HI @JainikPatel

Thanks for the feedback.

One way we know that you can change the password is through the Embedded Web Server (EWS).

In order to do that, you need to get your printer connected to a network via a PC (or Mac) and use the IP address to access the EWS.

This resource will show you how it's done:

How to change the Wifi Direct Password

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Can you resend 

this link  

How to change the Wifi Direct Password

this link is not open in my pc....

Thanks.

HP Recommended

HI 

Here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zkk9D4CZyI&feature=youtu.be

Hope that helps!

HP Recommended

Hi @JainikPatel

Do let us know if this resolves your issue.

Thanks.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.