Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
officejet 7780
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

I would like to wipe the memory of my of old officejest 7780 before I dispose of it, cannot find the instructions online, please advise how I may accomplish this. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi - The Officejet 7780 is a line printer, meaning it doesn't retain entire pages in memory.  All you should have to do to clear the memory of any print job remnants is to disconnect the power cord from the back of the printer for 2 minutes will reset the printer and clear anything from the print job memory.

Hope that helps!

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos thumbs up. Please mark the post that solves your problem as an Accepted Solution so other forum users can utilize the solution.

I am an HP employee.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi - Here is a link to another post responding to that question. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Inkjet-Printing/Need-to-Clear-Memory/td-p/5417350

Hope that helps.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos thumbs up. Please mark the post that solves your problem as an Accepted Solution so other forum users can utilize the solution.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the link!  I read the link to clear the stored phone numbers however it was not clear whether that is all that is stored on my old printer.  I would like to wipe the old printer clean, or maybe a reset would do it.  Need just a little more help.

HP Recommended

Hi - The Officejet 7780 is a line printer, meaning it doesn't retain entire pages in memory.  All you should have to do to clear the memory of any print job remnants is to disconnect the power cord from the back of the printer for 2 minutes will reset the printer and clear anything from the print job memory.

Hope that helps!

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.