Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
office jet 4652
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP office jet 4652 won't print from computer.  It will print HP test pages, but when I try to print from anywhere else on the computer nothing happens.  Also instead of showing the home icon on the printer screen it shows a question mark.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@gertiesue

You can also use the HP Smart app on your computer and let me know it works

Please refer to this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04675142

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

@gertiesue

Welcome to HP Community

I suggest you uninstall the printer driver from root level and download the full feature software

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features 
2.) Select your HP Printer 
3.) Select Uninstall 
4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers 
5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’ 
6.) Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo.
7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”) 
8.) Click on the “Drivers” tab 
9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom 
10.) Select Ok 
11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows 
12.) Close Devices and Printers
13.) Restart the computer and download the Full Feature Software from Here and follow the onscreen Instructions

Keep me posted how it goes 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Followed your instructions and nothing has changed. Help!!

HP Recommended

@gertiesue

Please download and run the HP Print And Scan Doctor from this Link: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/patches/HPPSdr.exe

Run PSDR v5.0.2 

Once the PSDR detects the Printer, it will show up the IP address and Software Status. 

Select the correct Printer and click on Next. 

PSDR will check if the Printer is on the Network and communication between the PC and the Printer. Once the connection check is done, click on Fix Printing 

Once PSDR goes through all checks and automatic fixes, click on Print a test page. 

Regardless if PSDR printed the test page or not, click on “NO PRINT” 

PSDR will then notify you that there is an update available, click on continue, and PSDR will apply the patch and ask for a reboot. 

Alternately you can try using the HP Smart App to print and let me know if that works

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

appreciate the help, but the psdr says it's up and working.  I have uninstalled this printer about 4 times now, and downloaded the updated software and it still wont print from the computer. It worked fine until I scanned a picture to the computer.  I also ran the psdr 3 times with the same results. I'm getting really frustrated!

HP Recommended

Update, I can print from my phone using the HP smart app.

HP Recommended

@gertiesue

You can also use the HP Smart app on your computer and let me know it works

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I would click" solution accepted" if it was solved.  Please read previous posts pertaining to this problem.  I still CAN NOT  print from my HP Pavilion laptop computer to my HP OfficeJet 4652 printer. I have followed your instructions over and over from both of your posts and still nothing. What else can I do to fix this?

HP Recommended

OK, I don't know what fixed the problem, but it is now working. I now will click solution accepted.  Thank you for the help.  😃

HP Recommended

@gertiesue

I'm glad you got this sorted out

Do visit our HP Support Community and drop us a message anytime you need help

Thank you 😊

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.