Post new question
Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 7 (170 Views)

wont install driver

Product Name: HP ENVY 5540 All-in-One Printe
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Windows 10 will not detect printer drivers after fresh install of windows.

HP ENVY 5540 All-in-One Printer

J6U66A

I've run the hp fix tools multiple times it just says the software isn't installed when it is and its just an endless cycle i am connected via powerline the printer is on the wi fi network

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 7 (140 Views)

Re: wont install driver

Hi @jimos87,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are facing issues with your HP ENVY 5540 All-in-One Printer wherein the printer drivers are not detected. 

This issue could occur if the drivers are not installed properly.

Let's go through a few steps to uninstall and reinstall the drivers:

Step 1: Uninstall the Drivers:

Please follow the steps provided to uninstall the printer software in the link: Uninstalling the Printer Software (Windows)

Also, please follow the steps provided below to completely remove the printer software from printer properties.

Steps to remove printer driver files from Print Server Properties:

1. Open the Print Server Properties dialog window by doing one of the following:
    • Click the Start menu and in the search field type 'printui /s /t2' (without the quotes), and then press Enter or click it in the search list.
    • Press WINDOWS-R on the keyboard to bring up the Run window, type in 'printui /s /t2' (without the quotes), and then press Enter or click OK.
    • From the Start menu or the Start screen:
    • Open Devices and Printers.
    • Select any printer and then click "Print server properties" at the top of the window.
    • Click on the Drivers tab.
  2. Select the printer driver you wish to uninstall.
  3. Click the Remove button.
  4. Select "Remove driver and driver package" and click OK.

Step 2: Download and install the Drivers from the link: Full Feature Software and Drivers

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the Accept as Solution button, Thumbs up" button!

Top Student
Message 3 of 7 (118 Views)

That hasnt worked it still says there is no driver

HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 7 (105 Views)

Hi @jimos87, I am the @Chimney_83. It looks like you were interacting with @Rainbow23, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

Thanks for the reply and trying the suggested steps. Recommend you uninstall the print software and settings from your computer by following the exact procedure mentioned below and then configure the printer using USB connection and Windows built-in drivers. 

Uninstall the printer from "programs and features" which can be accessed by doing a right-click on the Windows button (Please have the printer Off and disconnected during uninstallation.)

Check in device manager, if the printer is listed there, please delete it. (Right click on the Windows button to access device manager)

Go to devices and printers, select any printer listed there and you will get some options on the top. 

Click on print server properties. 

You will get a popup, click on the drivers tab and delete all the HP printer drivers listed there, if any.

Delete all the instances of your printer listed in devices and printers.

Restart the PC.

Once the PC is on the desktop, press Win + R, it would bring a Run dialog box, 

Type %temp% in the run box and click Ok or hit the Enter button.

It would bring up the temporary files folder. Delete the files in the folder (You might not be able to delete all the files, ignore them).

If possible, delete the printer from the registries using Regedit or using any other 3rd party application.

Restart the PC again. 

Connect the printer to your computer using a USB cable. 

Refer to this HP Article to configure the printer using Windows built-in drivers. 

Let me know if this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

Top Student
Message 5 of 7 (99 Views)

i dont have the usb cable . it worked before why wont it work now.

HP Support Agent
Message 6 of 7 (81 Views)

@jimos87

It looks like you were interacting with @Chimney_83, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 

I'm the Riddle_Decipher & I'm at your service. 

It will work now without a USB cable, just as it did before, however, to set it up we need to make use of that USB cable and I recommend you either get one from a friend or at the local store if you've misplaced it.

That said if the steps suggested above doesn't work,

you can watch the YouTube video to install the Windows built-in drivers: Click here to watch the video

If I have helped you resolve the issue, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' 

And Have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Top Student
Message 7 of 7 (48 Views)

Just tried all that nothing is working at all windows is detecting and it's showing the printer has being installed but in printers page, there is no driver and you can't print

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation