Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Photo 7800 All-in-One Printer series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

where is the WPS PIN for the 7800 series?  It is not on box, nor on my router, nor on the printer. Trying to connect my new printer to my computer.  TY

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

You will find the info on your router.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
HP Recommended

Thank you for approaching HP Support.

If I am understanding correctly that the WPS PIN you mentioned here is the pin required when connecting your computer wirelessly to your printer, then the PIN number should be right on the screen of your printer.

1. Make sure your computer and printer is connected to the same network (or connected with Wi-Fi Direct)
2. Select Add Printer from the Control Panel on your computer
3. Select your printer in the printer list
4. Once prompt the screen for WPS PIN, check your printer. The PIN number will be generated on the printer screen, but it wont stay up too long
5. Input the PIN number on your computer
6. The printer should be installed in your computer.

Hope the above info will help you.

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP. .
HP Recommended

pin not on printer screen

HP Recommended

what do I do if pin is no longer on printer screen?

HP Recommended

Looking for my WPS for my HP ENVY photo 7800 All-In-One printer series serial number: TH93LDVOOS Host Name: HP1A7F2C

HP Recommended

As there are two types of WPS PINs possible take a look at this link for more info.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.