Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 2676
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi! My printer, HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 2676, has been working good for months until today. My brother was using it and amidst the printing, the black ink suddenly malfunctioned. So I checked the estimated level of the cartridge and found out it has almost run out so I replaced it with a new one. However, its still not printing right. The letters are smudged and some are not readable. I tried aligning and cleaning the cartridge multiple times but with no luck. Even the HP Print and Scan doctor didn't help. 

Hoping someone could help me. Thank you so much.

printer.jpgprinterr.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Abe_

Welcome to HP support community.

Clean the ink cartridges

1. Make sure to load plain paper into the input tray.

2. Search Windows for your printer model name, and then click the printer name in the list of results.

HP Printer Assistant opens.

3. Click Maintain Your Printer.

The printer toolbox opens.

4. On the Device Services tab, click Clean Cartridges .

A Print Quality Diagnostic page prints.

Figure : Print Quality Diagnostic page

Example of a Print Quality Diagnostic page
  5. Examine the Print Quality Diagnostic page.

• If the print quality is acceptable, click Done. You can stop troubleshooting.

• If the print quality is unacceptable, click Second-level Clean to continue the next level of cleaning.

You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

6A04EA1C-3F6A-4538-B787-E69FE980DC26.jpeg

I've done that multiple times. Did not help my situation. This is my  latest print.

HP Recommended

@Abe_

Appreciate you trying the steps. This looks like a hardware issue. Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.