Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (190 Views)

Deskjet 2135 not printing color

Product Name: DeskJet Ink Advantage 2135
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi. I bought a new DeskJet printer today and when I tried to set it up, everything was in black and white, including the test page, diagnostic report, all the documents I tried printing. I tried unistalling and reinstalling, using a different program for printing (GIMP), I double-checked that all the settings are set to colour and it didn't work. The cartridges are the geniune HP 652 setup ones that came with the printer and the estimated ink levels said it's near full. I'd like to make sure that I covered all options first before buying a new cartridge because they're really expensive here. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Provost
Message 2 of 2 (167 Views)

Re: Deskjet 2135 not printing color

Sure sounds like a defective cartridge.   It would be faster to take the entire unit back for replacment.

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Thumbs Up to the right in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as an Accepted Solution .
I used to work for HP but I saw the light and retired!

Printer Hint #1 - Always buy a printer with a display panel for easy configuration.
Printer Hint #2 - Always buy a printer with separate black and separate color cartridges.
Printer Hint #3 - Always buy a wireless printer with an Ethernet port for backup.
Special Hint: There is a 97.2% (and increasing) chance the information you seek is in the User Guide/Manual or on your printers HP Support Page. Remember, Google is your friend.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation