Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Deskjet Ink Advantage 2545
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

A friend bought the  Deskjet Ink Advantage 2545 a year ago, and had some problems using it, so she didn't use it and stored it away. I am trying to use it now, but everything that I try to do, it just comes out blank. I tried cleaning the injectors, the test print, to copy a document and all the options that HP Utility offers,  but nothing. Everything comes out plank. The HP Utility app, says the ink leves are fine, and the printer doesn't show me any warning. 

I am using a macbook pro retina with OS X YOSEMITE and I downloaded the drivers from the HP website!

Please help!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi aleniconve,

Thank you for using HP products.

I saw you have try to perform test print, copy function, software installation and it does not help to resolve your issue. I am suspecting the issues lies on ink cartridges, there is high possibility ink cartridges could be clogged since the printer has not been used for a year. You might need to clean them several times to restore print quality.

You can refer to the below documents (step 11 onwards).

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03803074

Hope this helps to resolve your issue.

I am a HP employee. I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.