Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart plus all in one 209-B
Microsoft Windows XP

I recently connected a New Modem.  Ever since, my Printer no longer works.  Need to get the printer to recognise the new Modem, so I can get printing !!! Can anyone Please Help ! ??? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@QweenyB,

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! This is a great location to get resolutions and interact with experts from the community. I see that you are having issues while connecting your printer to the new router. The printer needs to be connected to the new router. Don't worry we'll work together to help you find a solution.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Have you checked the router network settings as this printer support only 2.4GHz. If your router support 5GHz then you would need to change it to 2.4GHz and try.

Have you tried to change the frequency on the printer - either 1, 6, 11 or vice-versa

Have you tried to install a full feature software for the printer?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here: 

Perform a Hard reset on the printer and make sure that the printer is connected directly to the wall outlet and not to the surge protector.

With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

Remove USB cable, if present.

Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.

Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord and then plug back the power cord to the printer.

Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

Next thing, I would suggest you install the printer using the USB cable and then convert the USB connected printer to Wireless to get it connected to the network. Here are the steps:

First, click on - For Windows XP (32-bit):  http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL29008/mp-71739-4/PS_AIO_06_B209a-m_USW_Full_Win_WW_140_1...

For Windows XP (64-bit):  http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL29008/mp-71739-4/PS_AIO_06_B209a-m_USW_Full_Win_WW_140_1...

1. In the connectivity tab, select "USB"
  2. Connect the USB cable and finish the printer installation.

If you want to change from a USB to wireless network connection, use the Printer Setup & Software utility that installed with your printer software:

1. Search for the printer name, and then click the name of your printer.

The printer software opens.

2. Click Tools, and then click Device Setup & Software.

3. Select the option which says "Convert a USB printer to Wireless"

4. Follow the onscreen instructions and complete the installation.

For more details, please go through these links here: 

HP Photosmart Plus B209 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup

HP Printers - Wireless Troubleshooting

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@QweenyB,

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! This is a great location to get resolutions and interact with experts from the community. I see that you are having issues while connecting your printer to the new router. The printer needs to be connected to the new router. Don't worry we'll work together to help you find a solution.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Have you checked the router network settings as this printer support only 2.4GHz. If your router support 5GHz then you would need to change it to 2.4GHz and try.

Have you tried to change the frequency on the printer - either 1, 6, 11 or vice-versa

Have you tried to install a full feature software for the printer?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here: 

Perform a Hard reset on the printer and make sure that the printer is connected directly to the wall outlet and not to the surge protector.

With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

Remove USB cable, if present.

Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.

Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord and then plug back the power cord to the printer.

Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

Next thing, I would suggest you install the printer using the USB cable and then convert the USB connected printer to Wireless to get it connected to the network. Here are the steps:

First, click on - For Windows XP (32-bit):  http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL29008/mp-71739-4/PS_AIO_06_B209a-m_USW_Full_Win_WW_140_1...

For Windows XP (64-bit):  http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL29008/mp-71739-4/PS_AIO_06_B209a-m_USW_Full_Win_WW_140_1...

1. In the connectivity tab, select "USB"
  2. Connect the USB cable and finish the printer installation.

If you want to change from a USB to wireless network connection, use the Printer Setup & Software utility that installed with your printer software:

1. Search for the printer name, and then click the name of your printer.

The printer software opens.

2. Click Tools, and then click Device Setup & Software.

3. Select the option which says "Convert a USB printer to Wireless"

4. Follow the onscreen instructions and complete the installation.

For more details, please go through these links here: 

HP Photosmart Plus B209 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup

HP Printers - Wireless Troubleshooting

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
WOW,  Thank you Jeet Singh,  for all of the Most Helpful Information !
I did read and follow along, but ended up, I needed
To uninstall, then re-install my printer, as it was looking for
My old router / modem info.  And couldn't find where to put
The new info. So the two could communicate.  So I just un-
Did the printer, and then when it came back, it automatically
Picked up the new router SSID and pw info. And so far so
Good, except It wont connect wirelessly now.  But at least
I got it printing using the USB cable.  Baby steps..... Lol
Thank you again for all of help and info.
Have a Blessed Easter !
   QweenyB
HP Recommended

@QweenyB,

Thank you for the update,
I appreciate your time and efforts, 

I'm glad I could contribute towards resolving the issue and finding the solution you were looking for.
Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution.

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.
I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂
Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.