Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 2645
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm from philippines I've been using my HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 2645 for almost 2 years from now, my warranty has already ended, Anyone please help me with this error message 0xc4eb11c9 hw_micci2 c? It appears after my black ink runs out, it printed a blue distorted print after I replaced the black ink and tried to turn it on the printer getting this error message  0xc4eb11c9 hw_micci2 c.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @josephtorres,

Thank you for posting on HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I see that you are getting stuck on this error message "0xc4eb11c9 hw_micci2 c". I would be glad to assist you with this.

The first thing I would suggest is to ensure that the printer is getting enough power. It is recommended to have the printer plugged into the wall outlet directly and not a power surge protector. This may sound silly but it is a good way to ensure power is not a factor and may eliminate any unnecessary troubleshooting. If the printer is not getting the required power it may have jams and feed problems, it may also result in error messages and poor quality.

Try reviewing the support documents which should help to resolve this issue:  A 'Carriage Jam' Message Displays for HP Officejet 2620 All-in-One and Deskjet Ink Advantage 2640 Al...

If you are still experiencing the issue, I would suggest you take out both the cartridges and perform a hard reset.

Follow these steps to reset the printer, and then try to print a test page.

Step one: Reset the printer

1. Press the Power button to turn on the product.

2. With the product turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the product.

3. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

4. Wait at least 15 seconds.

5. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

6. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the product.

7. If the product does not turn on by itself, press the Power button to turn it on.

The printer will restart with cartridge blinking lights. Now put just the tri-color cartridge and check by printing. If it prints fine.

Take out the color cartridge and just put the black ink and check printing. If it fails then it's considered to be a hardware failure. I would suggest you contact our HP phone support  for further assistance.  You can visit http://www.support.hp.com/contact-hp and fill in your product details to get the tech support number

I hope this helps. Let me know if you require any further assistance.

If you are able to reach some resolution, please click on Accept Solution to help others with similar issues.
If you appreciate my assistance, please click on the thumbs up icon.
Both icons are below this post.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.