Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 3632

When we bought the HP Deskjet 3632 all in one printer, we signed up to HP Ink Service. However, when we are not connected to the internet, the printer doesn't work very well, often saying it needs re-connecting to the internet  to update Instant Ink.

I need to also use the printer with 2 other computers and this also causes issues.
How can I take the printer off the HP Instant Ink service and just use it as a plug and play printer for all my devices?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @Homerjay33,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I understand that you're experiencing problems printing. I will certainly do my best to help you and please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

Firstly, we need to address the reason you're experiencing problems. When you're on Instant Ink, the printer needs to stay connected to the server. This ensures that you receive your replacement cartridges in a timely manner, we strongly recommend that you leave your printer powered on at all times. If your printer is powered off for days at a time it may not send information correctly to our servers which may cause a delay in ink shipments.

If there is a problem with your Instant Ink account that can prevent you from printing. I would like to ensure that your account is not blocking you from printing. Please send me a private message with your email address or account number and I will check your account status. 

In addition, 'plug and play' is a method of connecting a device with a cable. If you're experiencing problems with the USB connection, and your account is active.  Use one of this guides: 

I hope this helps clear up any confusion. Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support Forums! Good luck! 🙂

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.