Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Envy 5660
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP Envy 5660 has developed an annoying habit.
I keep turning off Web Services, and it continually turns itself back on.
I have no use for "HP ePrint" or "HP Printables", yet just about every other day, I find a "Congratulations.  Your printer is now web connected" page sitting in the tray.

I go back in, turn off both "HP ePrint" and "HP Printables", which have now magically turned themselves back on, and I have to "Remove Web Services" again - but in a day or two it's back on.

How can I ditch Web Services completely?
Ink and paper aren't cheap, and this printer is wasting both on stuff that I don't want.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Please try resetting the printer settings as following:

1. Click the Setup icon, then select Tools.
  2. Select Restore Factory Defaults and confirm by clicking Yes.
  3. Go to Setup > Preferences > Country / Region and select your country to ensure it is set propertly.

That should reset the printer settings, if you use a wireless connected be sure to go to Setup > Wireless > Wireless Setup Wizard and follow the steps to reconfigure it wirelessly, then check for any difference.

Please let me know the results,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please ensure you have the latest printer firmware installed by following the steps below:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-ENVY-5660-e-All-in-One-Printer-series/6809225/model/6809226/d...

Once the latest firmware is installed, select Remove Web Services and check for any difference.

Shlomi

HP Recommended

When I select "Check for printer updates", my printer returned a message saying "The most current updates have alrady been installed."
I also have "Automatic Printer Updates" already turned ON.

HP Recommended

Anybody else have any suggestions?
I'd hate to put an otherwise working printer out on the curb, but I can't have one that's needlessly wasting my paper and ink whenever it feels like it...

HP Recommended

Please try resetting the printer settings as following:

1. Click the Setup icon, then select Tools.
  2. Select Restore Factory Defaults and confirm by clicking Yes.
  3. Go to Setup > Preferences > Country / Region and select your country to ensure it is set propertly.

That should reset the printer settings, if you use a wireless connected be sure to go to Setup > Wireless > Wireless Setup Wizard and follow the steps to reconfigure it wirelessly, then check for any difference.

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Just checking back, and after a full reset the problem seems to have cleared itself.
No further instances for the last two weeks.
Fingers crossed...

HP Recommended

This it what the link leads to:

We're sorry

We can't seem to find the page you were looking for.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.